Several members of Wayne State’s Rhetoric and Composition Program will present at the Council of Writing Program Administrators’ Conference later this week in Knoxville, TN. If you’ll be at the conference, please come join us for a session or two! Our presenters will discuss a variety of interesting topics, as you can see from the list below.
Friday July 21
- “Slouching Toward Sustainability: Mixed-Methods Approaches to Sustainable and Reliable Writing Program Assessment” presented by Dr. Jeff Pruchnic (Director of Composition) at 9:30 am
- “Pulling Up Our Bootstraps: The Challenge of Culturally Attuned Mentorship and the Under-Representation of Latinas as WPAs” presented by Clare Russell (Graduate Student) at 11 am
- “Decolonizing the Teaching of Writing” presented by Clare Russell, Deanna Laurette, and Sarah Primeau (Graduate Students) at 2:15 pm
Saturday July 22
- “Tentative Tools: Critical Reflections on the Development and Use of Instruments for Teaching and Administration” presented by Dr. Adrienne Jankens (Senior Lecturer), Ruth Boeder (Graduate Student), and Dr. Luke Thominet (alumnus and Asst. Prof. at Florida International University) at 2 pm
- “Beyond the Pass Rate: A Tale of Exigence and Action” presented by Dr. Amy Ann Latawiec (Lecturer), Hillary Weiss (Graduate Student), and Sarah Primeau (Graduate Student) at 2 pm